Here’s the agenda:
- New services based on enhanced capacity of the network
- IP based business models
- Rich voice applications
- New role of devices to handle rich content and social networks
- Social networks based on rich content like video
- Services unique to LTE and the core network
- Greater role for user generated content and for rich media
- Unified communications and beyond 3G networks
- Fixed mobile integration – leveraging enhanced networks and learning from past mistakes
- Integrated networks and connecting back to home networks
- Network elements: Femtocells vs Wi-Fi in the home gateway and services based on these elements
- Wireless sensor networks at home and their role and opportunity in an overall beyond 3G network
I am very happy to be part of this and it will be great to look at these topics from our two different angles. We've also put together a questionnaire to see what your angle is on this topic. If you have a minute and are interested, we'd be happy to get your feedback. We'll share the result with those who leave their e-mail address and of course with all course participants. Needless to say that all responses are treated confidentially.
So, if I have caught your interest, head over to the course's web site for the details. During this week, there’s also the yearly Forum Oxford Future Telecommunication Conference. More about that in an extra post once the details are sorted out.