You might have noticed my earlier post on my upcoming Oxford University course on LTE Services I'll be doing together with Ajit Jaokar after Easter. In addition to that I am happy to announce that I've also been invited to speak at this year's Forum Oxford Future Technologies Conference on Friday, April 24, 2009.
My topic: Evolution of Mobile Networks. Impact and Possibilities for Future Services.
As I attended last year as a visitor myself, I fully agree with Tomi Ahonen that this is the "can't miss event" of the year and it's at a very moderate price as well. Most of last year's presentations were filmed and the event's web site has links to the individual presentations.
Here's the provisional agenda:
09:00 start (speakers shown in order of presentations)
* Professor William Webb, Head of Research and Development, Ofcom
Presentation: Wireless Communications: The Future Revisited
(I reviewed his book on the same topic here)
* Nick Allott, Chief Technical Officer, OMTP
* Graham Trickey, Senior Director, GSM Association (tbc)
* Phil Northam, Global Manager, Samsung Mobile Innovator
Presentation: 'War is Peace'.
* Martin Sauter, Wireless Consultant and Author, WirelessMoves
Presentation: Evolution of Mobile Networks. Impact and Possibilities for Future Services.
* Mark Curtis, CEO, Flirtomatic
Presentation: Dislocation of Expectation: the Challenges of a Mobile Start-up.
* Simon Cavill, Chief Technology Officer / Director of Strategy, Mi-Pay
Presentation: “Show me the Money!” – Why mobile money is this year's Next Big Thing.
* Professor Ed Candy, Chief Technology Officer, 3 Group
* Tony Fish, CEO, AMF Ventures
Presentation: My Digital Footprint.
* Helen Keegan, Specialist in Mobile Marketing, Advertising and Media, Beep Marketing
Presentation: Media and Marketing in a Mobile 2.0 world
* Agustin Calvo, CEO, Movidream, Spain
Presentation: A Mobile Marketing Evolution to Contextual Interactivity and VRM.
* Christine Maxwell, Chief Information Architect, MobileWorks 3D Inc.
Presentation: Use of the Arts in Designing the Mobile World
* Ramu Sunkara, CEO, Qik (tbc)
Presentation: The Revolution Will Be Live Streamed: Live Mobile Video for the Masses.
A great lineup I would say and I am also looking forward very much to the lively discussions between all attendees during the coffee and lunch breaks and to the always stimulating and controversial Q&A sessions after the presentations.
And some more links for those of you who'd like to find out more:
- My impressions from last year's conference
- Tomi Ahonen's thoughts as organizer of this year's conference.
Hope to see you there!
2 thoughts on “I’ll be Presenting at the Forum Oxford Future Technologies Conference”
We all wish you all the best Martin 🙂
it’s going to be great fun!
Comments are closed.