… then have a look here.
It's good to prepare early for the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in February 2010 as prices rise exponentially every year the closer it is to the beginning of the event. My plane tickets and the hotel are booked and I'm already today looking forward to the most intensive week in mobile of the year.
One of the events to attend is definitely the Mobile Premier Awards, organized by Rudy de Waele.
This year, the competition for the best mobile startups will have the following categories:
- MPA in Innovation – The best grassroots startup innovation chosen by their peers in partnership with MobileMonday. The MobileMonday chapters will vote for their local most innovative startup. An international jury of the most recognized mobile industry experts will select the 20 finalists from all the local chapter nominees to pitch at the event in Barcelona in front of investors, operators, media companies, peer entrepreneurs, and press and influential bloggers.
- MPA in Marketing – The best startup in Mobile Marketing
- MPA in Entertainment – The best startup in Mobile Entertainment
in partnership with the Mobile Entertainment Forum
- MPA in User Experience – The best startup in Mobile User Experience
in partnership with MEX.
- MPA in Social Change – The best startup using mobile for social change
in partnership with MobileActive.org
- MPA in Female Entrepreneurship – The best woman-lead mobile startup
in partnership with Women 2.0 and the Women in Mobile Data Association
So if you are a startup and want to participate, now's your chance to sign up!