Quite amazing how many web servers have accumulated at my home over time. At the moment I count 9:
- An ownCloud server on a Raspberry Pi
- A webradio streaming server / client from my Hi-Fi set on a Raspberry Pi (Squeezeplug)
- The web server in my Laser printer for status information
- The web server in my Inkjet printer for status information
- A web server in my DSL gateway for administration
- The wiki I use on my PC for personal notes uses a web server
- Another Raspberry Pi I use for experimenting with new stuff usually runs a web server
- My XBMC based media center for streaming videos is controlled over a web server
- My VPN server based on OpenVPN and DD-WRT is administered over a web server
When looking at this list I am really glad for the security provided by the IPv4 network address translation (NAT) of my DSL router and my OpenVPN external access because some of those web servers should never be exposed to the outside world.
So how many web servers do you have at home?