For about half a year I ran a somewhat outdated version of Selfoss on my server at home for RSS feed reading for a simple reason: At the time a change was proposed to integrate marking all displayed entries as "read" into the scrolling mechanism. I much preferred this over the solution that made it into the following release with which you had to disable scrolling to get a new button to mark entries as read. As other changes were minor I decided to remain on the old version and keep the suggested patch running on my system. Github makes it possible.
Over the weekend, however, I updated to the latest version once more despite the feature not being integrated because of two very interesting new features: There's a new feature to read full posts for those RSS feeds that only show the first part of the original entry. For a previous version I came up with dedicated code for a specific web site. Now, however, someone seems to have cracked the nut of how parsing a full web page and stripping out the text and pictures in a more generalized way. I gave it a try with one of my feeds and it worked perfectly. Enough a reason to switch and great to have a choice 🙂