Another year comes to its end and like many others I feel the need to reflect a bit of what happened during this year in my personal world of wireless. I've decided to look at it from a couple of different angles and put each in a separate post.
One of the things that keep amazing me is the top 5 most read blog entries. For some of them I would have never thought they would make it to the list, but people out there in the Internet seem to think different:
- Number 5: My how-to on Wifi Network Tracing using Wireshark and a Linksys WRT54 wireless router, written back in January 2007
- Number 4: An introduction to SC-FDMA, the modulation and coding scheme for the LTE uplink
- Number 3: My 4G Technology Overview
- Number 2: Nokia Smart Maps review. When I look at the Google searches that lead to this topic I often find the word "crack" and "license key". Hm, not quite what this post was about…
The list is quite interesting from several points of view:
- None of these posts is from 2008.
- The first post from 2008 has landed in 8th place and was on voice services over LTE.
- The topics are very diverse. So despite this blog being a niche blog, it seems to serve quite a number of different niches.
- I've written follow up posts in 2008 on most topics on the top 5 lists. For Wifi network tracing, I've written a post describing how to use an eeePC for the purpose, I've written extensively about 4G topics, air interface technologies, etc. but still, these older posts got more hits than those. I wonder if the Google search algorithm has something to do with it.
So, in case you can remember, which was your favorite post on this blog this year?